Now Playing at the Music Bar below:

Selfish (Chillout Version) - Sunset Daze

Don't Fear the Reaper (Cover) - The Beautiful South

Clarity (Neon Sky Remix) - Zedd ft. Foxes

Alive in Paradise - Tiesto & Dyro feat. Krewella

Saturday, September 24, 2011

If You Want It, There’s a Way. If You Don’t, There’s a Reason.

Not too long ago, an old friend approached me and asked about how he could win the heart of this girl that he always wanted. I told him that you must have mistaken me for the love guru or Hitch, because up until now, I myself am still mystified as to how the minds and hearts of women work. (Hitch is a movie starring Will Smith, where he would help other men, as they sweep the woman of their dreams…off her feet.)

He said that as far as he remembered I used to have so many cheesy lines that even if it was so embarrassing, it still caught the attention of the opposite sex. I told him, Bro, I am turning 35 years old, if I use those lines now, I’d get my ass kicked. Just to share with you how reckless and far out these pick lines were, here is a sample;

Me: Excuse me, I see that you’re studying in ****** university, I think I have a friend there; I just want to know if he is still studying there.
Girl: Sure, what’s his name?
Me: Any chance that you know anybody by the name of JP Pimentel?
Girl: Hmm, sorry I don’t know him.
Me: I see…well by the way, I am JP Pimentel. Now you know me.

I swear I was such an idiot back then. But hey, it worked. I wanted to meet the girl, and I found a way didn’t I? Let’s move on to a more sensible discussion, shall we?

We are all familiar to the old saying, “If there’s a will, there’s a way”. Please do not confuse it with the spoof, “If there’s a will, there’s water.” (will = well)

We have that capacity to try everything just to get what we want. No matter the cost or consequence, it is something that we are willing to make a sacrifice on. We find so many ways, that even the tightest situation, as long as air can pass through it, we manage to squeeze through and grab whatever it is that we are after. Bottom line, if we want it that much, there is indeed always a way.

Also recently, another friend came to me for advise, on how she could brush off this guy who was courting her but not hurt his feelings. (Hmm, now could this guy be my other friend who was asking how to win the girl’s heart? That would surely be a predicament) Anyway, since she was not really into this guy, she was asking me what reason can she give to cut short the courtship of her admirer. Seriously? You are asking me? No offense intended, but women have like spiels ready for these kinds of scenarios;

My parents are strict.
I’m not ready for a commitment.
We are better off friends.
I want to concentrate on my career.
It’s not you, it’s me.

No matter how much persuasion, conviction, or persistence is applied, if the mind and heart does not want it, there would always be a reason to decline, push away or refuse.

Another example of how creative the human mind is when it comes to reasoning would be when employees who fail to call in sick, and is unable to inform their supervisor that they will be absent on that particular day.

Here is a comparison;

Creative: I had an employee who failed to call in sick and this was his reason; I was actually on my way to the office, but then I suddenly felt sick, so I decided to try and call in, but then my phone died, so I stopped by a convenience store where I can charge my phone, but unfortunately the mobile phone charger they had was not compatible to my phone unit. I then went home but the phone lines in our area were cut, and when I was able to charge my mobile phone, it had no signal. It was too late to knock on my neighbors’ doors to see if I could borrow their phone, because I was working on a graveyard shift, and it was already midnight. I didn’t leave my house anymore because I was so dizzy and tired from my condition.

Simple: The employee did not have any telephone or cellular phone, and she did not want to get any disciplinary actions for not calling in, so she went to the office to personally ask permission if she could go on sick leave. And she lived 2 hours away from the office.

So, will you Find a Way, or Look for a Reason?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...