Now Playing at the Music Bar below:

Selfish (Chillout Version) - Sunset Daze

Don't Fear the Reaper (Cover) - The Beautiful South

Clarity (Neon Sky Remix) - Zedd ft. Foxes

Alive in Paradise - Tiesto & Dyro feat. Krewella

Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Mid-Year Crisis

The past weeks going into June has really been hectic for me. On the work side of things, the site has been growing and the team has really been stretched to the limit but still holding it's ground.  I admire my team's dedication and commitment to their jobs, despite facing the limited manpower resources, we are still able to cope with the site's demands. Sure, we push back half the time, but we still manage to get the job done.

It's been 8 months since I joined my current company, and there one thing that I love about it; How we value our Operations Agents. It's really all about them. I keep saying they are the front-liners and backbone of our industry. They are the ones grinding it out with the customers, ensuring to be able to provide the quality service that the customers deserve and expect. The partnership between Human Resources and Operations Management has been wonderful, we always meet half way to provide fairness and transparency to the employees.

Although the work demands are high, the returns would definitely be greater.

On the recreational side of things, these past weeks are not what you can call as having the sunshine at the beachfront. Haven't really played basketball lately, the league at our village was ceased after just two games because the money to pay for the referees suddenly got lost, and my other team was not able to join the B6BL tournament. (6-feet and Below Basketball League) So no exercise for the body, and it seems I gained a few pounds already. Hopefully by July or August we would have our company sportsfest and the start of the MPG Ateneo Alumni Invitational.

Call me a child but I'm pissed that up until now I couldn't log into the Playstation Network. When I first had the PS3 I had to register as a resident of Hong Kong, there was no option or region for the Philippines during that time. The PSN has been fully restored in other countries except Japan, South Korea and Hong Kong, after it was hacked last April 20 and about 77 million user information was allegedly stolen. And yes, I know you will ask why did I not register as a US resident, I can't really figure that one out myself. Come on Sony!! I hope you get things up and working before Modern Warfare 3 comes out!

So what have I been doing the past weeks? Work work work. (I sound like that Peon in Warcraft.)

But it's still all good.

"Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out." - Anton Chekhov 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...