Now Playing at the Music Bar below:

Selfish (Chillout Version) - Sunset Daze

Don't Fear the Reaper (Cover) - The Beautiful South

Clarity (Neon Sky Remix) - Zedd ft. Foxes

Alive in Paradise - Tiesto & Dyro feat. Krewella

Sunday, September 11, 2011

CSI Lessons: The Three Furies

It’s not all the time that you pick up something interesting or good in whatever you are watching on the tube. Conservative and traditional parents would often say that watching too much television is not good for you; it corrupts the mind and pollutes it with nonsense and violence.

I admit I have been watching way too much CSI, but I did pick up a couple of “learnings” in some of its episodes; which for me is not nonsense at all. Thus, I would like to share with you…

The 3 Furies
(Including Dike, the Goddess of Justice)


I am a huge fan of Mythology, ever since it was introduced to me in my 1st year of high school. I loved the fantasy of Gods and Goddesses, how their powers shaped the destiny of mankind. That is also why I enjoy watching movies like, Clash of the Titans, 300, Prince of Persia, Jason and the Argonauts, and the Odyssey. I also spent hours playing the God of War video game series.

In this time and age, we are plagued with crimes that remain unsolved or without justice. This has even resulted in some of us losing confidence in our government and the local police and would often hope for a vigilante intervention.

Come forth, the Three Furies and Dike.

The Three Furies; Alecto, Magaera and Tisiphone = Anger, Jealousy and Vengeance. Surely a very deadly trio. Viewed as the protector of ethical laws, they would even be guardians of the poor and punish those who even commit petty theft. And when I say punish, they do it without mercy, relentlessly tormenting them, and no amount of prayer to the Gods or a pool of tears can stop them from hammering down their wrath. If they encounter any difficulty in a particular criminal, they call on Dike, the Goddess of Justice, to bring forth a hard and swift judgment.

So in the end, Justice is always served. Unfortunately, we don’t live in a mythological world.

Thus, I will just leave you with a passage from the Bible…

Ezekiel 25:17

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...