Now Playing at the Music Bar below:

Selfish (Chillout Version) - Sunset Daze

Don't Fear the Reaper (Cover) - The Beautiful South

Clarity (Neon Sky Remix) - Zedd ft. Foxes

Alive in Paradise - Tiesto & Dyro feat. Krewella

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Elements Bits: Arthur


Cast:

Russell Brand - Arthur Bach
Jennifer Garner - Susan Johnson
Greta Gerwig - Naomi Quinn

What do you do if you are the sole heir to a multi-billion dollar corporation with an inheritance of 950 million bucks? Buy the Bat Mobile, a floating magnetic bed, a golden camel, shut down Grand Central Station for a dinner date for two?

Apparently, Arthur did it, done it, have them all. A nightly drunkard, who has wild parties and spends extravagantly. Her mother is now worried because investors are afraid to put their money in the Bach Corporation if Arthur would inherit it. So Arthur's mother gives an ultimatum to him that if he does not marry Susan Johnson (Jennifer Garner), who is the company's career driven executive and is likely to take over once they get married, that Arthur will not receive his treasure chest of gold and will be cut off.

Arthur agrees to this, but then Arthur meets Naomi.

So what would he choose now? Marry the woman who dominates and scares the living hell out of him so he could have his 950 mil? Or be with the girl he loves truly and live simply for the rest of his life?
----------------

Elements Bits number 1:
For Love or for Money. Just like the 1993 movie of Michael J. Fox, "For Love or Money", where he was given a choice to leave the girl he fell in love with if he wanted to fulfill his dreams of finally having his own hotel. We are all familiar with the cliche, "Money can't buy you love", so would you give up Nine-Five-O million for the girl of your dreams? Or with that much money, who cares about love; I'm rich, I can do whatever I want, and I'm married to Elektra.

----------------

Memorable Quotes:

Police Sergeant: "You're drunk again Arthur."
Arthur: "No... I have remained drunk since our last encounter."
---------

Interviewer: "Do you know how to use Excel?"
Arthur: "No."
Interviewer: "Powerpoint?"
Arthur: "No."
Interviewer: "Outlook?"
Arthur: "Generally positive. You know, I mean, I have down days, like anyone..."
---------

Susan: "Most marriages devolve eventually. This is all it is, a business partnership with the added benefit of attraction."
Arthur: "Undeniably, you have got something dark and twisted in you."
---------

Naomi: "Could you leave?"
Arthur: "Could I stay here for a minute please?"
Naomi: "Why?"
Arthur: "Because it will reduce the proportion of my life that I spend feeling utterly miserable."
----------

Arthur: "What I came here to say to you Naomi is that I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I lied to you, I'm sorry that I hurt you, and I'm sorry that I asked you to take care of me, when what I want more than anything in the world is to take care of you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...