Now Playing at the Music Bar below:

Selfish (Chillout Version) - Sunset Daze

Don't Fear the Reaper (Cover) - The Beautiful South

Clarity (Neon Sky Remix) - Zedd ft. Foxes

Alive in Paradise - Tiesto & Dyro feat. Krewella

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I’m a Tourist: Singapore Day 1

It’s been like almost 8 years since I last went on a vacation outside the Philippines. (Why it took that long I’m really not that sure. Work, Basketball, other family activities, fear of flying?) Anyway, finally it happened. But I still had to schedule it on a weekend, and what perfect timing, the week after there was a holiday, so I just managed to take one day off from work.

We arrived in Singapore around midnight already, so we had time to sleep before we officially kicked off our Day 1. Like a real tourist with his camera slung over the neck, we joined a day tour. (I don’t care if I looked like a geeky tourist; I hadn’t been out of the country for 8 years!) After the tour, we had lunch with my wife's cousin, went to a couple of malls, then had dinner with my aunt.

The tour guide was a scary lady. I felt like I was on a military bus on its way to boot camp, because in Singapore they had all these rules, and everything seemed to have a fine. If you’re caught eating or drinking on the bus, there’s a fine. If you’re caught with an un-turned empty flower pot at your house, there is a fine. In jest, they call it a “Fine” city.

But I applaud the citizens of Singapore, you are well disciplined, even simple traffic rules are strictly adhered to unlike here in the Philippines where you have mindless barbaric bus drivers plowing along EDSA thinking it’s a death race! It’s a goddamn 30-foot bus not a sports car!

And so, below are the attractions from Day 1;

(Singapore Flyer; Marina Bay Sands)


Old Chinese Temple

Gem Factory



Marche!!

(It's like a banchetto type restaurant)

Ice Cream Sandwich!!

Heart Attack!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...