Now Playing at the Music Bar below:

Selfish (Chillout Version) - Sunset Daze

Don't Fear the Reaper (Cover) - The Beautiful South

Clarity (Neon Sky Remix) - Zedd ft. Foxes

Alive in Paradise - Tiesto & Dyro feat. Krewella

Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Good Friday

The family used to spend Holy Week in Tagaytay when we still had the rest house in Rodeo Hills. Some of the memorable moments are; when every Good Friday our grandmother would not allow us to use the radio, TV, or any electronic gadget for the matter. The family would also do the usual fasting and abstinence the whole day and night, and when midnight came, we would then grill some steaks and started chilling out with some drinks.

This year we just stayed in Manila. But it was memorable as well because my father-in-law surprised us when he arrived from Hawaii Thursday night. We just spent the morning at home for breakfast and lunch, had merienda in Starbucks (Seems it was the only establishment open that time), and a delicious home-cooked dinner of spicy sardines pasta and fish fillet fingers.

To cap the night, my father-in-law and I had a couple of drinks; (I didn't notice but I drank almost half a bottle of Hennessy and one bottle of Lambrusco Red Wine.)

Hennessy Privilege

I know I should have abstained from doing so but I wanted to celebrate the surprise visit of my father-in-law who rarely visits the Philippines. It's been a while since I actually had the occasional night cap, and when midnight came I went out for a quick burger fix.

It's not as great as the times we spent in Tagaytay, but it's still a "Good" Friday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...