Now Playing at the Music Bar below:

Selfish (Chillout Version) - Sunset Daze

Don't Fear the Reaper (Cover) - The Beautiful South

Clarity (Neon Sky Remix) - Zedd ft. Foxes

Alive in Paradise - Tiesto & Dyro feat. Krewella

Friday, April 22, 2011

A Maundy Thursday

My family and I spent this Holy Thursday going on a day trip to Tagaytay. Coming from a graveyard shift then driving over a 200 kilometer round trip can be a bit exhausting, but a worthwhile sacrifice to be able to spend time with my family this Holy Week.

We first had breakfast at Pancake House at Petron along the South Luzon Expressway. Stopping over at these gas stations have always been part of the itinerary whenever you drive out of the city. Surprisingly traffic was not that heavy that morning. But we didn't take any chances and utilized the recently completed (finally) Skyway elevated expressway. Toll fee was at a soft opening rate of 85 pesos, but starting next week, it will be 140 plus, one way. (All the toll rates are actually going to start shooting up by next week), the prices we pay for travel convenience. I will admit, I am a penny-pincher, and I hate paying these rates, so bottom line, you will hardly see me travel beyond metro manila.

Anyway, we had reservations at Bawai's in Tagaytay for lunch, and since traffic was light we still had time to pass by Gourmet's Cafe and Cornerstone Pottery.

Gourmet's Cafe:
The Dalandan shake was so refreshing. Loved the home baked apple pie as well.


Cornerstone Pottery:



Bawai's:
I love having peaceful meals in these restaurants. Limited seats, serene atmosphere, and fresh winds. It really takes the stress away.

Spicy Tamarind Shrimps

Fresh Shrimp and Vegetable Rolls

On the way back to Manila, we made stopovers at Toscana Farms and Solenad at Nuvali.

Toscana Farms:

Crisostomo's at Solenad, Nuvali:
The Suman Chocolate Fondue was sinful.

What I missed this year is the traditional "Visita Iglesia". I was out cold after the road trip. (And traditionally you had to visit 14 churches to signify the 14 stations of the cross. Usually it's just 7 churches, you do two stations per church.) Well, I will make a pact for next year, I will visit 14 as part of my sacrifice.

3 more restful days coming up.

God Bless to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...