Now Playing at the Music Bar below:

Selfish (Chillout Version) - Sunset Daze

Don't Fear the Reaper (Cover) - The Beautiful South

Clarity (Neon Sky Remix) - Zedd ft. Foxes

Alive in Paradise - Tiesto & Dyro feat. Krewella

Sunday, July 31, 2011

OC Mode

Doesn’t it bother you when you can’t find a particular item in your room when you know that you always keep it in the same place as before? Or when you open a drawer it so full of junk that something might be living inside it already? Or when you arrange things a certain way, then when you get home, it now has a different setting?

For quite some time now I haven’t been on my OC mode. (And we are probably talking about 2 years) it’s just that there is too much work and I do lack the time to be on OC mode. On every spare time I get, I’d rather do something else. Just a sample of my “OCness” is that for my DVDs, I had custom-built a library shelf and organized the DVDs into categories and are labeled in numerical order in each category. (Please don’t ask why not alphabetically, I just might do it. It was easier to do the labeling since it is numbered to the most recently purchased and watched)

But lately, I just couldn’t take it anymore. I feel like my surroundings are in total disarray.

Whenever I come home from work and go up to the 2nd floor, the first thing I would notice is the family room. I bought this TV/DVD remote holder so that when nobody is watching, you put back the remote in the holder. But for some apparent reason I always see the remote on top of the TV. Most of the electronic appliances such as TV, DVDs and computers have voltage regulators or AVRs and surge protectors that you can switch off when you are not using it, but again, for some reason it’s left on.

As simple as turning the lights out when not in use sometimes ticks me off. So I keep reminding everyone that if you are not using the lights, then turn it off. So the funniest thing happens every now and then, when it’s my turn to use the bathroom and I am in the middle of either brushing my teeth or taking a shower, suddenly the lights go out. Or when I am inside the room and they leave the room, they turn off the lights. Ah, hello??

It also bothers me when something is borrowed but never returned. I have this vanity kit, (yeah, yeah, so what if I am vain) it has nail cutters and all. I swear I am getting everybody vanity kits for Christmas because it used to have like 7 pieces, now it’s missing four. I bought myself a set of scissors, but behold I can’t find them anymore. So I bought each room their own sets of scissors, thinking that would put a stop to it, but oh my God, I am chaining that damn scissors to the desk.

Putting things in order doesn’t necessarily mean you have an Obsessive-Compulsive behavior. It’s not literally a bad habit either. I mean, having order makes things simpler, right?

Ok, I have to admit, it may seem petty but that’s just how I want things to be. Just like how I organize my computer table. I want the PC speakers parallel to the monitor, beside the right speakers would be the iPod dock, beside the left speakers is the family picture, and underneath the monitor is a pen and a flash drive. I have that sense of peace when things are in that order. But most of the time when I come home, the speakers are behind the monitor, the iPod dock is underneath the monitor, and the family picture is on top of the scanner.

There is so much clutter right now and it will take hours and days to get things in the right order, which I don’t have the luxury to do so. Especially with the new baby coming in 3 months, things really need to be organized. That’s when I came up with the idea to do my OC Mode on a staggered basis. I did one drawer today, tomorrow probably one shelf. At the same time making sure that the areas that I already “OCified” are maintained…

How boring.

“Order is never observed; it is disorder that attracts attention because it is awkward and intrusive.” – Eliphas Levi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...